Please join us for the Chicago Chapter‘s
Annual Fall Conference
November 6, 2013
1:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Followed by networking reception from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
“Do Institutional Investors Have Enough At Stake to Care about Corporate Governance? Who, How Active and For How Long?”with Professor Martijn Cremers, Professor of Finance, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame
As well as the following topics and experts –
- What’s the Society done for us lately? - Ken Bertsch, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals answers the question by discussing the Policy Advocacy Committee’s work and initiatives.
- Regulatory Update
- Mike Melbinger, Partner, Winston & Strawn LLP will address SEC compensation disclosure rules.
- Bob Kueppers, Deloitte LLP, will address proposed PCAOB rules on auditors, and the new COSO internal controls framework.
- “Six in 60” - What the Corporate Secretary needs to know about ….
- Cybersecurity - Scott Carlson, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Escheatment –Dave Adamson, Manager Investor Services, Computershare
- Privacy – Kris Keys, VP & Deputy General Counsel Compliance & Ethics, Exelon
- Record retention and e-discovery, Meghan Mulvihill, Corporate Counsel, Allstate
- Forum selection – Claudia Allen, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Corporate security – Joe Sparks, Physical Security Senior Manager, Allstate
Presentations in the “six in 60” format will provide “Cliff Notes” versions of what you need to know.
The high caliber of the speakers combined with the low cost of this program makes it one of the best values in continuing education anywhere. In addition, the Chapter will apply for CLE credit, which makes the value even better!
We hope that you and your colleagues will join us for this program and encourage those in corporate compliance, corporate governance, disclosure, risk management, financial reporting and investor relations to attend. Please take advantage of this chance to gain from the very experienced perspectives of all of our presenters and the networking opportunity with peer professionals.
We hope to see you there!
: Please register by November 2, 2013
Members: $125 Register using the "Register Now" link
Non-members: $150 Call Rachael DeLano at (212)681-2000
Please note that credit card registrations are processed through a PayPal gateway. You can opt to register as a guest and do not need a PayPal account. If you encounter problems while registering please call the Society office at (212) 681-2000.