Eastern New England Chapter: Best Practices in Board Assessments
Monday, September 16, 2013, 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada))
The Eastern New England Chapter of the Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals is pleased to invite you to a panel discussion on Best Practices in Board Assessments
. Panelists include experts from law, accounting, compensation and consulting firms:
The session will address:
- How the self assessment process contributes to building a strong board;
- The pros and cons of various modes for the self assessment: in-house vs. outside counsel vs. outside board development expert vs. governance consultant;
- Is one mode always best, or is the best practice to use different modes as circumstances change?
- What criteria are important in designing the content of the self-assessment and selecting the mode?
- Susan Ellen Wolf, CEO of Global Governance Consulting LLC (Moderator). Now a Governance consultant, Susan, a former Society Chair, has served as in-house counsel, corporate secretary and in governance positions at some of the most respected companies including Schering-Plough Corporation (now Merck), the Coca-Cola Company, Delta Air Lines, Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (now Exelon) and ConTel (now Verizon).
- Mary Ann Cloyd, Leader of PWC's Center for Board Governance, which provides perspectives and insights on corporate governance issues and leading practices. Among its newest publications is "ProxyPulse", a free, on-line report on voting trends and proxy related governance matters - www.ProxyPulse.com.
- Tom Carey, Spencer Stuart, who as a member of Spencer Stuarts's Life Sciences and North American Board & CEO practices, specializes in recruiting board directors and CEO's, and has played a significant role in providing board effectiveness assessment for leading life sciences and healthcare organizations.
- Stephen T. Giove, Shearman & Sterling, a partner in the Capital Markets Group and the Co-Chair of the firm's Corporate Governance Advisory Group.
LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED
If you are not a member of the Society and would like to register for this event, contact Teresa Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-681-2007
Lionbridge Technologies, Inc.
1050 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451