Upcoming Society Essentials Seminars
Examine responsibilities and purposes of the Corporate Secretary position and
learn practical solutions to everyday problems. This seminar is perfect for anyone who
is new to the functions of the Corporate Secretary's office and for the veteran secretary seeking a brush-up and update.
Winter 2014 Essentials Seminar
January 29 - 31, 2014
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Last year's agenda
- Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
- Internal Sources of and Limits on Governance Authority
- Corporate Entity Management
- Boards of Directors
- Board & Committee Meetings
- Role of the Corporate Secretary
- Staffing the Office of the Corporate Secretary
- Overview of Commercial Products and Services to Support the Secretary
- Project Management - Board Book Preparation
- Current Governance Issues and How to Stay Informed
- Getting Involved in the Society
- Public Company Regulation and Disclosure
- Public Companies: The Annual Shareholder Meeting (Parts 1 and 2)
- Large-Cap Companies: Dealing with Shareholders
- Small- and Mid-Cap Companies: Dealing with Shareholders
- Private Company Governance and Boards
- Private Companies: Going Public
- Private Company Compliance Matters
- NonProfit Financial Issues and Regulations
- NonProfit: Boards in Crisis
- Board Portals
- Subsidiary Management
- Nuts & Bolts for New Corporate Secretaries
- Governance Professionals: A Session for Non-Lawyers
Key Seminar Benefits
In addition to practical instruction in the areas of primary concern to Corporate Secretaries and their staff, seminar attendees receive:
- Comprehensive program workbooks containing speakers' outlines, samples of actual forms or policy materials, and other useful information.
- The opportunity to meet and work with experienced faculty members who have developed practical solutions to the problems confronted in the Corporate Secretary's office.
- The opportunity to network with fellow attendees during the various breaks and luncheons to share experiences and solutions to common problems.
- Substantial discounts on the various reports and guidebooks published by the Society.
- Assistance in obtaining CLE (continuing legal or other professional education credits) using materials that can be obtained at the seminars.
Mini-Essentials/Western Regional Program
September 18 - 20, 2013
The Omni Interlocken Hotel
Click here for the agenda for the Mini-Essentials and Western Regional Program
Recent Society Seminars
- Essentials Seminar 2013
January 30 - February 1, 2013
- Essentials February 2012 Seminar
Wednesday, February 1, 2012 - Friday, February 3, 2012
If you were unable to attend the seminar we offer you an opportunity to purchase the handouts from the 2012 program. Handouts include PowerPoint presentation slides prepared by the panel, sample documents, related articles, law firm memos and more.
Online access: Member/$95 Nonmember/$145
Click here to purchase the online handouts
- Mini-Essentials Fall 2012 Seminars
November 7-8, 2012
November 14-15, 2012
In addition, the Society is turning to videoconferencing and webinars to bring information to seminar participants more conveniently. For further information regarding seminars please contact Ophelia King at firstname.lastname@example.org.