The three-day Essentials program covers the fundamentals of corporate governance and the corporate secretarial function. This program will provide attendees of public, private and nonprofit companies with a solid framework, practical tips and up-to-date information on the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
- Internal Sources of and Limits on Governance Authority
- Boards of Directors
- Board and Committee Meetings
- Writing Bullet-Proof Minutes
- Annual Meeting Logistics
- Records Management and Privacy Issues
- Shareholder Engagement
Key Seminar Benefits
In addition to practical instruction in the areas of primary concern to Corporate Secretaries and their staff, seminar attendees receive:
- Comprehensive program workbooks containing speakers' outlines, samples of actual forms or policy materials, and other useful information;
- The opportunity to meet and work with experienced faculty members who have developed practical solutions to the problems confronted in the Corporate Secretary's office;
- The opportunity to network with fellow attendees during the various breaks and luncheons to share experiences and solutions to common problems;
- Substantial discounts on the various reports and guidebooks published by the Society;
- Assistance in obtaining CLE (continuing legal or other professional education credits) using materials that can be obtained at the seminars.
|Nonprofit Society Member
Special Membership Offer for Non-Members
Non-Members are welcome to join the Society at the special educational programs rate of $200 for the first year.
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
2101 N. Epcot Resorts Boulevard
The Society has reserved a block of rooms at Disney's BoardWalk Resort in Orlando, FL at the special rate of $225 single/double. The rooms will be held until Tuesday, January 6, 2015. Please click here for reservations or call Disney directly at 407-939-4686 and mention the Society of Corporate Secretaries ESSENTIALS seminar.
Theme Park Ticket Discounts
Specially priced theme park ticket discounts are available for seminar attendees by using the link below.
Disney's Magical Express
As a Disney Resort hotel guest you're invited to take advantage of Disney's Magical Express Service providing complimentary luggage and transportation service between Orlando International Airport and your Disney hotel. Reservations are required for this service, and your Disney room reservation confirmation and flight information must be provided. For information and reservations use the link below or call 407-827-6777.
Click here for reservations, theme park tickets and transportation arrangements, advanced dining reservations, Disney's Magical Express, on-line check-in and much more.
Click here for a downloadable registration form.
Click here for the downloadable brochure.
Click here for our Financial Hardship Policy.