January 28-30, 2015
Disney's Boardwalk Inn
2101 N. Epcot Resorts Boulevard
The three-day Essentials program covers the fundamentals of corporate governance and the corporate secretarial function. This program will provide attendees of public, private and nonprofit companies with a solid framework, practical tips and up-to-date information on the following topics:
- Fundamentals of Corporate Governance
- Internal Sources of and Limits on Governance Authority
- Boards of Directors
- Board and Committee Meetings
- Writing Bullet-Proof Minutes
- Annual Meeting Logistics
- Records Management and Privacy Issues
- Shareholder Engagement
Key Seminar Benefits
In addition to practical instruction in the areas of primary concern to Corporate Secretaries and their staff, seminar attendees receive:
- Comprehensive program workbooks containing speakers' outlines, samples of actual forms or policy materials, and other useful information;
- The opportunity to meet and work with experienced faculty members who have developed practical solutions to the problems confronted in the Corporate Secretary's office;
- The opportunity to network with fellow attendees during the various breaks and luncheons to share experiences and solutions to common problems;
- Substantial discounts on the various reports and guidebooks published by the Society;
- Assistance in obtaining CLE (continuing legal or other professional education credits) using materials that can be obtained at the seminars.
|Nonprofit Society Member
Special Membership Offer for Non-Members
Non-Members are welcome to join the Society at the special educational programs rate of $200 for the first year.
The Society has reserved a block of rooms at Disney's BoardWalk Resort in Orlando, FL at the special rate of $225 single/double. The rooms will be held until Monday, January 6, 2015. For reservations please call Disney directly at 407-939-4686 and mention the Society of Corporate Secretaries ESSENTIALS seminar.
Click here for a downloadable registration form.
Click here for our Financial Hardship Policy.