Common Traits of Effective Corporate Boards
Joint Society - ACC Meeting
Date: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
12:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Networking lunch and registration open at 11:30 a.m.
Program begins at noon.
Offices of Fenwick & West LLP
Silicon Valley Center
801 California Street
Mountain View, CA 94041
In an environment of global competition and heightened scrutiny arising from government regulations, corporate boards are increasingly confronted with governance issues that can define the success or failure of corporations. In this program, we will discuss the common traits of effective boards as overseers of the management of corporations.
- makeup of board leadership
- number of insider directors
- gender diversity on boards of directors
- size and number of meetings for boards and their primary committees
- frequency of maintaining and number of other standing committees
- majority voting
- board classification (staggered boards)
- use of a dual-class voting structure
- frequency and coverage of executive officer and director stock ownership guidelines
There will be no fee for this meeting. Registration details will be forthcoming.